The Social Media Examiner is one of the world's largest online social media magazines. It has recently published it's 6th annual study of the Social Media Marketing Industry Report. The study surveyed over 2800 marketers with the goal of understanding how they are using social media to grow and promote their businesses. The report aims to uncover the "who, what, where, when and why" of social media marketing.
We found it interesting... with the key findings highlighted below as a quick summary for you.
• Marketers place very high value on social media: A significant 92% of
marketers indicate that social media is important for their business, up from 86%
• Tactics and engagement are top areas marketers want to master: At least
89% of marketers want to know the most effective social tactics and the best
ways to engage their audience with social media.
• Blogging holds the top spot for future plans: A significant 68% of marketers
plan on increasing their use of blogging, making it the top area marketers will
invest in for 2014.
• Marketers want to learn most about Google+: While 54% of marketers are
using Google+, 65% want to learn more about it and 61% plan on increasing
Google+ activities in 2014.
• Podcasting on growth trajectory: Only 6% of marketers are involved with
podcasting, yet 21% plan on increasing their podcasting activities in 2014—a
more than three-fold increase—and 28% of marketers want to learn more about
• Facebook and LinkedIn are the two most important social networks for
marketers. When forced to only select one platform, 54% of marketers selected
Facebook, followed by LinkedIn at 17%.
• Most marketers aren't sure their Facebook marketing is effective: Only 34%
of marketers (slightly more than one in three) think that their Facebook efforts
• Original written content is most important for social media marketing: A
significant 58% of marketers stated that original written content is the single
most important form of content, followed by original visual assets (19%).
For a link to view the full report click here