A key insight from Salesforce's 2015 State of Marketing Report was the list of priority technology which helps build a cohesive customer journey.
What Are The Key Technologies For a Cohesive Customer Journey?
The key technologies in building cohesive, customer journey are:
- Predictive Intelligence
A cohesive customer journey is now critically important to any business engaging a customer within the digital environment. Well, I guess that means almost all of us.
Why is it so critical? As the majority of the buyers journey moves into the digital realm, linking your online customer journey together is now more important than your offline customer journey.
Retail designers know the importance of a well thought through customer journey. That's why if we want milk from the local corner store, we need to walk to the far corner of the shop passing all other products and possibilities of purchase.
As a strategic marketing leader in your business, start thinking in this way. How can I unify a journey, use great technology - apps, video, blogs, email, personalisation, automation, social etc and how can I delight my customer throughout the entire process.
The Strategic Imperative
There is nothing more strategic for an organisation than identifying, finding, winning and keeping a customer.
The customer journey is the foundation to creating a cohesive customer experience. To help make this journey work, there are at least 5 strategic imperatives. They are:
- Deliver Advantage - Know your competitive advantages and reinforce them throughout the customer journey.
- Unify the Team - Bring all disciplines with the business to the table to ensure the journey is maximised.
- Communicate - Link the journey with well though out content - deliver the right message to the right person at the right time.
- Understand Performance - Know your key metrics around the journey - Velocity, Volume and Visibility. Read more here.
- Deliver Step by Step - Focus on the customer having a great experience through the journey. To quote so many mountaineers, "Success isn't the destination - it's the journey.
Building a cohesive customer journey isn't just about technology, it's about knowing and loving your customer. It is, however, very difficult to deliver a cohesive customer journey in this digital world without great technology.
What Would This Technology Stack Look Like Using Salesforce?
If you were to start to build out the technology on the Salesforce Platform you would definitely consider the unification of:
- Salesforce Sales Cloud
- Pardot Marketing Automation
- Marketing Cloud and/or,
- Community Cloud
If you would like to talk to us about how to create a wonderful customer journey, built from the world's best technology - contact us here.